[Sca-cooks] food manners/tipping

Lisa Sawyer lady.ysabeau at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 06:31:02 PST 2006

I have a question on a semi-related topic. If I am receiving a
service...such as haircut, massage, etc. from an individual who is working
for him/herself and setting their own rates, should I tip them? Now, if I go
to a salon or a spa or something, I usually do tip them because I know they
are working for a basic wage barely above minimum and most of the money goes
to the employer (in most cases). I just haven't figured out whether or not
to tip the individuals who work for themselves. I would presume they are
making a living wage because they charge the same as in a salon or spa but
don't have to give a cut to the management.

Any thoughts?

Ysabeau