[Sca-cooks] NY Times Article on new edition of The Joy of Cooking

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 2 18:30:02 PST 2006

> Sheesh, was it almost ten years ago when they went all nouvelle on us
> and abandoned the canning section???
>

>> November 1, 2006
>>
>> Does the World Need Another ‘Joy’? Do You?
>>
>> By KIM SEVERSON
>> MY heart is breaking for the “Joy of Cooking.” And it’s not just
>> because of the blender borscht recipe that forced me to open my
>> first can of cream of chicken soup in years.

<snippage>
>> But for those who have yet to pick up a copy of “Joy,” it makes
>> sense to get the new one. If you can look past the kitsch, the hand
>> of Irma Rombauer and her daughter will be with you in the kitchen
>> for a lifetime.
>>
>> Or at least until meddlers mess it up again.

Just opened my latest copy of the Daedalus Books catalog...and guess
what's there?  You can get this new version of the Joy of Cooking from
them for $18.95...www.salebooks.com is the Web site!

Kiri

--
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm.
As you get older, remember you have another hand: the first is to help

                        -- Audrey Hepburn