[Sca-cooks] medicinal recipies

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 14 20:03:35 PST 2006

I just realized that most of the recipes using camphor in the Anonymous
Andalusian Cookbook call for it to be dissolved in rosewater.  It can't be
elecampane camphor, which once extracted is not water soluble.  Helenin and
the other active ingredients are extracted from the crystal matrix by
iterative alcohol baths.

Bear