[Sca-cooks] medicinal recipies

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Nov 15 12:07:11 PST 2006

Camphor can cause liver damage, but that is normally from prolonged
exposure.  Adults can take up to 2 mg/kg of body mass without noticeable
effect.  It can be extremely toxic to small children and infants.  It's also
not recommended for pregenant women.  You should be able to get it from a
druggist.

Reading over some of the survey info for poison control, I'd be willing to
expirement with camphor as a spice, but I wouldn't want to use it in a
feast.

Bear