[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Chirurgeon fiasco

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 15 22:46:54 PST 2006

<<< I don't know anything about it, not having attended Pennsic, nor
ever
having
been a Chirurgeon.  I find it interesting and informative when such
issues come up, but don't feel qualified to comment on them.
--Maire, from the sidelines >>>

Which is true for many of us, even if we were at that Pennsic. That
is why I am seeking to put together a file of information, so that
folks not directly involved now, and those in the future, can have an
idea of what the issues were and how things happened.

I am not a Chirurgeon and have only a limited interest in the
technical aspects of this problem. I am much more concerned about how
the situation was handled, at both Pennsic and how the information
has been (or not) released since then. I'm also quite willing to
admit that the information I have so far been able to obtain is
somewhat one-sided. Unfortunately, I can deal only with the
information which I can get access to. That is the reason that I'd
really like to see the reports, even with personal info ex-purged,
upon which the decisions at Pennsic were based. If folks have
comments on this case, with supporting documentation, I would love to
have them for inclusion in my future Florilegium file.

As Hrothny requests though, back to fish sauce and other foods.

Stefan
Hmmm. Maybe those that think things are fishy should send the Lord
Mayor and others bottles of period fish sauce. :-)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com