[Sca-cooks] Hindu Recipe?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 06:53:25 PST 2006

A sweet that I ran across researching recipes for my ME feast, though
Mughal, is from India (and IIRC) is actually period...don't have the source
here at work.  I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds yummy...dried apricots
stuffed with marzipan.  Very simple...and should be completely vegetarian.
Also, there is a vegetarian version of samosas (also period, by the bye)
that's very tasty.  It's a little more complicated to prepare, but you could
use the ready-made pie dough (Pillbury makes a very good one).  It is a
savory, but most folks, even those not at all adventurous, seem to like it.
I don't have the recipe here,  but you could "google" samosas and find one
online.

Kiri