[Sca-cooks] Simple Indian dishes

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 10:36:50 PST 2006

How about a simple cucumber mint raita.  Take cucumber shred it and squeeze out some of the water, strain some plain yoghurt, mix the two together with some salt, black pepper and some fresh chopped mint, you can also add some chopped green chillis (if your tastes run to hot).
  My favorite dessert is carrot halva, carrots cooked in milk and sugar with cardomom until they dissolve into this wonderful carroty goodness.
  I found a bunch of recipes I would trust on this site:
  http://www.indianfoodforever.com
  Mostly because they are actually posted by Indians.
  Good luck.
  Personally I find Indian food supremely yummy, it is just a shame that my hubby doesn't.

  Helewyse