[Sca-cooks] The 50th annual SCA-Cooks Thanksgiving list!

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Nov 20 14:02:49 PST 2006

Well, I've been entertaining myself with convincing the guys on
TheForge, a mundane (sorta) smithing List that cooking is just a
variety of smithing. I mean, you heat up steel, and make something
good, right? No big difference ;-)

Not sure what the sides will be, other than home made chocolate sauce,
but R&M got me a duck to roast, and I'll be doing it relatively
simply- poke the skin full of holes, salt it heavily, then slow roast
most of the day- with my favorite berry jam and wine sauce (not sure
which flavor of berry jam they got me yesterday). Am considering
making some winter melon soup, maybe baked onions, but not sure what
else- not entirely sure what they got at the grocery. Thinking roasted
garlic smashed potatoes, maybe spinach salad. We will see ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Has anyone seen my temper?
I seem to have misplaced it at Stalag XXXV....