[Sca-cooks] The 50th annual SCA-Cooks Thanksgiving list!

Kathleen A Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Thu Nov 23 11:44:27 PST 2006

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:58:29 -0500
  "Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius"
<adamantius1 at verizon.net> wrote:

  The Borat segments
>were fun, as
> was Ali G, but eventually you say, "Okay, we get it.
>These people
> don't know just how much rope they're being given while
>Cohen
> pretends to be as dorky as they really are..."

ah, yes... could get old soon indeed and perhaps already
since the DVD was only about $5.99.  the frat boys,
yeah... nwell... nuff said.   8)

but i gained a new respect from my class of college
students when i asked them who this guy was who did ali g
and borat.  first time i had ever seen him.   i got to see
a preview screening of "borat"  at the university that the
kids didn't even know existed otherwise they would have
been there. 8)  i am mildly embarrassed to say i laughed
til i cried.  so did the rest of the house.  and no
demonstrations at my very PC college.  imagine!

perks of my husband's job... he picks up and delivers the
security previews and takes them back to the airport.
 stays with them in projection room the whole time.  i do
it sometimes, too.   kind of  extra job when the seasonal
'blockbusters' come out.

btw... i baby-sat the nativity story the other night.
 beautiful locales and costumes.  i watched about 1/2 hour
of it.  got tired of standing at the teeny tiny window and
went back to my copy of gourmet.  but it looks really good
with production values and at that point, angst-less
performances.

cailte
time to turn the turkey in the brine

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy which
sustained him through temporary periods of joy."
W. B. Yeats