[Sca-cooks] Zero Birthday and etc

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 24 16:20:06 PST 2006

Hi Philipa,
Thanks for the reply.  You make a good point.  I
included it because she seemed so taken with the idea
of a 9 course meal, and I could not think of any way
to stretch it without the cheese course.
At this point I have a brie, a drunken goats cheese
and an aged Gouda (small bits each) and I will have
LOTS of fruit, apple, pear (already ripening,) and
grapes...(she loves fresh fruit)

Heck, I just scored a chocolate fountain (at linens n
things) for $14.99, so I may try to work it into the
meal, perhaps with the other sweets (home made really
dark grand marnier truffles, and bite size meringue
kisses.  If I add fresh strawberries, any of those
items would be fun with a chocolate coating. (now to
think where to place it that the furry kids wont be
able to trail their tails under the flow (so the
coffee table is right out) but still have it
convenient to sitting and conversation.

Gwen Cat
really looking forward to spoiling mom.
OH, the cake will be a flourless (well almost, high
altitude) hazelnut torte (1lb ground nuts, 9 eggs,
200g sugar, baking powder, pinch of salt, and 40
minutes in the oven.

Message: 5
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:21:50 -0500
From: Heleen Greenwald <heleen at ptd.net>

Your menu sounds to die for.... one question
though..... If this is
your mom's BIG BIRTHDAY dinner and she hates cheese,
why have a
cheese course? Shouldn't the whole dinner be built
around HER likes.
(and if the other diners like cheese, it won't kill
them to go
without this one time.)
Just a thought.
Phillipa