[Sca-cooks] Epulario vs. Platina for Armored Turnips AND what shape of cookware?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 05:05:32 PST 2006

On 11/28/06, Steve Berry <srberry at teleport.com> wrote:

> Greetings from Dame Arwen Lioncourt,
>
> Thank you all so much for your assistance! So, I went looking for a copy
> of
> Epulario, and I can't find a book version in a west coast library or for
> sale (I'm in Portland).  Did I miss something?  I can pop on over to
> Regina
> and 'Lainie's to see their Platina and get advice, but I'd like to present
> all versions of the receipt for the competition.

I am out of town at this point,  but will  locate my copy of Epulario and
see if I can find the Armored Turnips recipe in it.  It's a copy I acquired
years ago at Pennsic from one of the booksellers...and was a private
printing of a copy of a manuscript.  The recipe I actually use started off
with one from Bishop Geoffrye d'Ayre of the East Kingdom...it was his
redaction which he sent to me, done in Japanese phraseology!  Dear Bish...I
do miss him!!