[Sca-cooks] Simple request of digest people

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Nov 1 03:18:59 PST 2006

On Oct 31, 2006, at 11:26 PM, otsisto wrote:

> Please put a description in the subject heading instead of having
> "Digest
> #.... or Digest Vol.#, Issue#. So that some of us can judge whether
> we wish
> to read it or not.
> Thank you,
> De
> Who does her best to remember to trim her emails for the sake of
> the digest
> folk.

It occurs to me that the problem with that is while it would probably
be possible to stick on top of each digest the subject line most
frequently used in the posts to be included in that digest, there'd
be no guarantee of accuracy, and it wouldn't necessarily be an easy
piece of programmer fu. Asking for it to be done manually by a live
person might be considered an unreasonable demand on someone's time.
It might be easier to include an introductory abstract of subject
lines (again, with no real guarantee of accuracy) within each digest.

Of course, to me (I've been on the digest but not at the moment) the
real problem occurs in how some people respond to digest posts.

Hey, remember when someone (I forget who) used to do a monthly
breakdown of who had posted the most, most responded-to thread, and
most common/popular keyword?

Adamantius