[Sca-cooks] OOP Odd "Cookbooks" Found

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Mon Nov 6 04:40:00 PST 2006

Was written:

It's not a vanity press job, but it is self published.  They had a number of
other books, such as "George the Housewife."  Herter's originally supplied
equipment for rural families in Minnesota and other states around the Great
Lakes, then went nationwide.  Their catalog from the late 60's and early
70's was a treasure trove, that was considerably slimmed by the late 70's.
I think they went under around 78 or 79.

I think that in the end they were bought out by Cabela's.

Daniel