[Sca-cooks] spice storage

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Nov 7 18:29:27 PST 2006

My frequently-used spices are kept in those small cylindrical jars (about a
quarter-cup max) that fit into a spice caddy on my counter, or in a tray on
the bottom shelf of my kitchen cupboard.  Liquids like vanilla extract are
in the tray as well, and other liquids like  rosewater live in bottles in
the fridge door.
The larger/bulk spices (such as whole mustard seed), and the less-frequently
used spices are mostly in little ziploc baggies in a couple of boxes in the
bottom side of my kitchen cupboard, with the baking equipment.
Oh, and I have some larger, scavenged jars of things like dried oregano and
basil from the garden in the front yard.  I tend to put ground spices in a
more visible area, so I remember to use them up.  Whole spices go in the
lower area if I don't use them often.
--Maire