[Sca-cooks] spice storage

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 7 19:53:36 PST 2006

Margaret asked:
<<< I need a better storage solution for my spice cabinet. I have
square glass
jars, plastic Penzey's bags, bags from the Indian grocery store, small
plastic jars (Penzey's and otherwise), large Penzey's glass jars, and a
few random boxes, all overflowing the cabinet and gradually taking over
that corner of the counter as well. >>>

Well, we discussed this in the past few weeks, and I don't have those
comments added yet, but there is this file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND
SPICES section of the Florilegium:
spice-storage-msg (24K)  5/13/06    Period and modern spice storage.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/spice-storage-msg.html

<<< The people who design spice racks have no comprehension of how
large one's
seasoning collection can be. What do other people do to keep their
herbs &
spices in order? >>>

In order???

Actually most of mine in the multiple spice shelves on the kitchen
cupboard door are in alphabetical order. It is the overflow in
various boxes and some of the spice shelves which isn't in order.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com