[Sca-cooks] Eastern Medicinal Sweet

Sydney Walker Freedman freedmas at stolaf.edu
Sun Nov 12 00:29:49 PST 2006

Yes, I am planning on doing a paper.  In fact, here's a series that I'm
working on (I'm not tantalizing... really :) ).  All of these have come
out of persona research, so they are rather narrow in time and/or region.

A Late Twelfth-Century English Spice Chest and Pantry
Twelfth and Thirteenth-Century Cosmetics (focuses on recreating actual
period ones for reenactment use.  There are actually some that don't
contain poisonous ingredients.  :) )
Foods for the Sick
Medieval remedies for modern use
something with twelfth-thirteenth-century recipes (I'm currently
collecting all that are extant.)
a Dante-themed (fourteenth-century Italian) feast

I've started redacting cosmetic recipes but haven't written anything yet.
I'm about halfway done with the spice chest article and am currently
working on the feast (well, it's actually a lunch).  Those will probably
be the first two finished, but who knows?  :)

I may be asking you, my fellow list members, for help in looking things up
occasionally.  I'm blind, and scanning all of my sources and transcribing
them into Braille takes awhile.  Thanks!

Pax Christi,
Lady Cecilia de Cambrige