[Sca-cooks] Introduction

Christy Campbell christycampbel at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 17 14:34:20 PST 2006

Well, this is the first SCA cooking mailing list I've joined... Who knows, it may actually cause me to learn how to cook!

  My name is Ysabelle, and I hail from the frozen wasteland of the Shire  of Tir Bannog, (Principality of Tir Righ, Kingdom of An Tir.)

  Look north, no, further north... keep looking...

  Now, you may wonder how someone from so far away happened to wander in  here. Truth be told, I wandered in here on the advice of someone who  had the misfortune of either eating or drinking (they wern't clear  which) while reading a post I made.

  How in the world she deduced that I am a disaster in the kitchen, and  could use all the help I can get from a post about using a bag of  potato chips to check vital signs, I'll never know, but I am impressed  at her deductive skills.

  Anyways, I shall close this rambling introduction with a question:
  Can anyone point me at information on the period uses of spices to preserve meat?

  Ysabelle