[Sca-cooks] The 50th annual SCA-Cooks Thanksgiving list!

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 20 10:37:47 PST 2006

On Nov 20, 2006, at 12:40 PM, Ysabeau wrote:

> So, I'm going to make sweet potato samosas and just leave some of the
> filling for him to eat. I can't make the dough without at least egg or
> butter to help hold it together and make it flaky.

While I can't vouch for it being anywhere close to accurate for any
particular region, I have seen items _called_ samosas made with
phyllo dough and any of several fairly standard samosa fillings,
which could be spread (or even sprayed) with oil instead of butter,
and also seen those thin Shanghai spring roll wrappers used.

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782

Holt, 07/29/04