[Sca-cooks] The 50th annual SCA-Cooks Thanksgiving list!

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 13:45:16 PST 2006

Off to the in-laws in WV, a mere 7 hr drive.
  I'll be taking hot smoked salmon (got to brine it tonight), a cranberry walnut relish (because the stuff she takes out of the can is vile), some yeast for bread (or maybe a bit of my sourdough starter).
  I'll be overseeing the deep frying of the turkey (we avoided paying a fortune for oil by having his sister get it from the commisary on base), bread making on the day,
  His sister and me split the rest, about two years ago we kind of took over thanksgiving.
  Mainly because we wanted to eat something edible.
  I don't say that my mother in law is a bad cook, I leave that to my husband.
  What is notable is that the first time I cooked him pork chops and he ate them he had such a strange look on his face I thought I had poisoned him.  Turned out he didn't know pork chops did not come automatically with a cardboard consistency.

  Helewyse