[Sca-cooks] The 50th annual SCA-Cooks Thanksgiving list!

Carol Smith eskesmith at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 18:07:11 PST 2006

Here's a recipe I find pretty good:

Small Caboges

Goodman of Paris, p. 255, Cariadoc’s cookbook compiliation

Little cabbages which be called sprouts and which be eaten with raw herbs in
vinegar; and if you have plenty, they are good with the outer leaves removed
and then… cooked in a little water; and when they be cooked add salt and oil
and serve them very thick, without water, and put olive oil on them in Lent.

Brussels Sprouts			1 – 10 oz package, frozen or fresh
Vinegar (Cider vinegar)		2 Tbsp
Olive Oil				1 Tbsp
Nutmeg				pinch
Dill					¼ tsp (½ tsp fresh)
Ground mustard			½ tsp
Savory					¼ tsp (½ tsp fresh)

Cook prepared sprouts until done (steam, if possible) and drain.  Add
remaining ingredients and mix well.  Serve hot.

Regards,
Brekke