[Sca-cooks] The 50th annual SCA-Cooks Thanksgiving list!

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 21 07:05:07 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
> > > > Well, it feels like 50 years to me.

So, what are y'all making for Thanksgiving?
On T-Day itself, my lady and I will be going to a Household dinner
so we'll be bringing a couple of potluck items. . . . . SNIP. . .

So, whatcha bringing?

Yers,

Gunthar< < < <

Going to friends' for the "Big Feed" and will probably take the cheese goo
with beans and/or asparagus.

However, we are doing a fund-raiser banquet locally for a Historical Project
related community group (aspires to establish a community heritage museum in
town).  It is our second annual banquet, and this year's feed looks close to
the bwlow.  It is a sort of blend of tradition with new presentations and
some locally significant products driving the menu choices:

Sage Roasted Pork Loin with Brandied Cranberry Glaze    OR
Pecan Encrusted Turkey Filet with Brown Butter Lemon Sauce

Dutch Potato Dressing or Mashed Potatoes (option)(mashed potatoes, bacon,
minced onion & celery, thyme, Bread cubes, Whole Egg, cream, Butter,
Salt-pepper)

Green Beans Almandine  (intentional simplicity to reassure the less
adventurous)

Bread with two Compound Butters   (rosemary/sage . . . podre forte/pumpkin)

Berry & Walnut Crumble w/ Whipped fresh cream (cream & sugar)   OR
Mincemeat Tartlet w/ Whipped fresh cream

Gonna feed 20 to 50 depending on interest.  Not a huge event yet, but
growing with each season.  We have done a banquest or food thing each
quarter since Last December.

niccolo difrancesco