[Sca-cooks] Larding Pork Loin???

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 22 08:47:08 PST 2006

>Loin is my preferred cut these days, and either salting
>the day before, or brining has expanded the margin of error and added to my
>word fame.

Well, it looks like salting may be the new thing now. And a brine
sound perfect. And easily done at feast, although a salting would
be even more convenient with 20 loins sitting in the kitchen.

>Gunthar, If I can figure a way to do it effectively, I'm gonna mail you a
>roast I did over coals back in September, and froze the next day as it was
>left over (made 4 whole loins).  Dry ice and next day shipping should do me
>if I can find the Omaha Steaks cooler.  No promises, but it could work out.
>Defrosted a one-third loin roast last week, and it was stellar.

Well, I don't think you have to go that far. You don't need to send me a
fish, you have given me a fishing pole.

>It can be done . . . keep the faith.

Now if we can just send the message out to the umpteen feast cooks that
don't read this list.

Thanks!

>niccolo difrancesco

Gunthar