[Sca-cooks] 12th Night Gift Baskets

SilverR0se at aol.com SilverR0se at aol.com
Wed Nov 22 10:38:34 PST 2006

In a message dated 11/19/2006 2:31:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gordonse at one.net writes:

> I'd love some ideas for 12th Night food oriented gift baskets.

For many years now my 12th Night gift giving has been in the form of
period-ish edibles.

I've made sugar plums (see the Floriligium for my article on how) and you'll
need to start them soon to be ready in January. I've preserved cherries and
made jams out of Eleanor Fetiplace's Recipt Book. I've candied chesnuts and
other nuts using not-quite-authentic recipes.  I've given candies citrus peels.

Lately tho I've been giving spices - either supplies of hard-to-find ones or
various spice mixtures. The Medieval Kitchen has recipes, along with (I think)
Scully's Early French Cuisine. I've also made my own.

Happy gifting!

Renata