[Sca-cooks] The 50th annual SCA-Cooks Thanksgiving list!

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Thu Nov 23 01:00:48 PST 2006

>So, what are y'all making for Thanksgiving?

My son and daughter in law will be having dinner with her family
around 3 and we'll see them around 6.  By request we have a
HoneyBaked Turkey breast in the fridge.  I would have cooked one even
with the little apartment oven, but I'm the vegetarian anyway so why
argue?  Gravy from a jar because that's what they wanted.

The kids are picky and so am I for that matter.  I have a lovely
dressing with sour dough bread, apples and almonds made up and
waiting to cook, but will have to make stovetop too.  Home made
cranberry sauce with candied ginger and a touch of amaretto and
canned cranberry jelly too.  Mashed potatoes, with roast garlic on
the side for the garlic lovers, scalloped corn for my hubby and plain
corn for the kids.   Either stuffed mushrooms or mushroom galette.
Braised chestnuts cause I love them. Fresh green beans with thyme.
Raw veggies and sweet pickles.   Cranberry bread and pumpkin pie with
whipped cream.

I'm making sweet potatoes with a pomegranate glaze. Sweet potatoes
are one of my favorite foods and I hate marshmallows and sugar on
them.

Ranvaig