[Sca-cooks] Lazarus Long in the SCA?

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 2 07:33:35 PST 2006

It is well known that Robert A. Heinlein had some contact with the SCA,
viz. the tourney at the end of THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST--  And we were at
that tourney.  We all were, whether he mentioned our names or not.  Said
so, right there.

The qualities of the Polymath have been admired for centuries.  That's
why they call one a Renaissance Man, n'est-ce pas?  I often jest that
the Pelican to whom I was protégée taught me the Important Medieval
Skills of computer installation and back massage.  However, the
underlying lessons were in how to be ready to serve in any capacity
needed at a given moment.

Thus endeth the lesson for today.

Selene