[Sca-cooks] medicinal recipies

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 11:47:54 PST 2006

On 11/15/06, Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Slumber Party!  But we'd be more likely to stay up giggling over copies
> of Al-Baghdadi than Cosmo.  Charles Perry has delightfully snarky things
> to say about his predecessors and rivals in that area.  Bwahaha.
>
> As for the toxicity of camphor and ambrette seed:  I tend to cheat on
> things like this and dot a bit of the scented oil under the rim of the
> plate.  You get the scent in the nose without ingesting iffy substances
> through the mouth that way.
>
> Selene

Sounds like a plan to me...I need all the help I can get with this ME feast
in February.  I've got some ideas, but may have bitten off more than I can
chew with trying to use these new sources.  Selene, do you have a copy of
the Shah Jehan book about Pulaos?  If not, I can probably bring it
along...you might find some of the cooking techniques it describes very
interesting!

As for the idea about dotting a bit of the scented oil on the rim of the
dish...that sounds like a great idea!

Kiri