[Sca-cooks] Hindu Recipe?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 17 00:02:39 PST 2006

Helen mentioned:
  <<< We have a new guy in the office who is of Indian extraction and
Hindu by
faith.
That means that he is a strict vegetarian and of course, there are
those in
the office who cannot fathom this way of faith or life, and ::sigh::
give him a hard time about it.

Luncheon will be the usual-Turkey, dressing, greens, mac and cheese,
pinto
beans, sweet potatoes (candied, not mashed), cornbread, pecan pie and
sweet
potato pie. You can see why he is planning on mixed green salad for
himself....>>>

I guess I may be almost as ignorant as some in your office. Aren't a
number of the dishes you mention above vegetarian, or easily made so?
Such as the greens, the mac and cheese, the cornbread, the pecan pie
and the sweet potato pie? Or by "strict vegetarian" are you ruling
out things like milk and cheese?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas