[Sca-cooks] Fresh fennel

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 19 23:26:29 PST 2006

Cordelia Tosr commented:
  <<< About a year ago I discovered fresh fennel is a yummy thing, and
during the cooler months I like to make all sorts of modern soups
with it.

    What do you fine cooks suggest I do with all the extra fronds?
I'm sure they are good for something, but I don't need that much for
garnishing soup. >>>

I'm not even sure what fennel looks like, so I can't help you with
your fronds question. However, perhaps some of the recipes in this
file might be of interest to you:
fennel-msg        (14K)  7/13/06    Medieval use of fennel. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/fennel-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas