[Sca-cooks] FW: Elizabethans using Platina and proper cookware

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Nov 26 20:43:36 PST 2006

I've got some piccies still on my camera from a tour of the kitchen at some
palace in England (Hampstead? memory's gone all to h-e-double-toothpicks
tonight while I plot revenge on Lainie...it's the one Henry VIII
acquired...oh, heck...Hampton Court).  The cookware is reproductions, I
believe, but still worth a look if you'd like, Kiri.  Let me know.  I've got
them on my computer, and will send them on...
The most memorable piece I recall was this absolutely massive, huge copper
boiling kettle that was quite a bit taller than I am, and which people
needed to use these little built-in stairs to access the top of.
--Maire