[Sca-cooks] FW: Elizabethans using Platina and proper cookware

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Nov 27 10:57:36 PST 2006

>Greetings from Dame Arwen Lioncourt in AnTir (Portland, Oregon),
>
>I am seriously considering a run at our Kingdom A&S this year, and I need
>some help.  I want to cook a dish from Platina; Armoured Turnips.
>
>I am going to translate Platina myself instead of relying on Cariadoc's
>translation.

I think the version in the Miscellany uses the translation in the
Mallinkrodt edition. I believe there is a more recent translation of
Platina, but I haven't compared them.

>Please feel free to give me any other advice you can think of!

Platina pretty clearly got the recipe from Martino, and I think
Martino's version is more detailed, so you might want to translate
that instead.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com