[Sca-cooks] Cream of Wheat as Polenta

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 14:11:11 PST 2006

Hmmmmmm....sounds a lot like what my Mom used to do with leftover
grits...she'd put them into a glass pan (oiled to permit separation), and
refrigerate it.  After it was chilled...actually the next morning for
breakfast, she'd cut the resulting cake into squares and fry it.  We'd then
eat the resulting cakes with butter, maple or other syrup or some kind of
jam/jelly/preserves.  Ummm.....memories of childhood!

Kiri

PS:  Mama was from south Georgia...I suspect her mother did the same kind of
thing!