[Sca-cooks] E-bay Cookery Book

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Nov 1 08:04:36 PST 2006

This book is not mentioned in the bibliography that Karen Hess
included in her transcription. I think that Hess did all her work
from the original manuscripts that are located in the archives
of The Historical Society of Pennsylvania.

The description is wrong in that "The cookbook was handed down from
mother to daughter until 1892"
when in fact it came to Martha Custis in 1749 through
marriage and was passed in 1799 to her granddaughter
upon her marriage.

Johnnae