[Sca-cooks] Meat cheat sheet?

Tara Sersen Boroson tara at kolaviv.com
Tue Nov 28 12:14:33 PST 2006

I believe someone here once posted a cheat sheet for beef, with a quick
explaination of what cuts are best for, like, crock pot or grill or
whatever.  I can't find it - I thought I bookmarked it.  Would someone
be so kind as to post that linkie again, pretty please?  :)

And, does anybody have a similar link for pork?

This might be really stretching it, but does anyone know of a site that
would help me figure out how much of what one would get out of each part
of a cow or pig?  Whenever I order a quarter of beef or a side of pig,
they ask me for processing instructions, and I don't know what to tell
them.  Like, how many cuts of steak and roast should I ask for before
what's left for ground meat is all super fatty?  Things like that.

Thank you!
-Magdalena

--
Tara Sersen Boroson

'Normal' is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work, driving through traffic in a car you are still paying for, in order to get to the job that you need so you can pay for the clothes, car, and the house that you leave empty all day in order to afford to live in it. -Ellen Goodman

[T]o admit authorities, however heavily furred and gowned, into our libraries and let them tell us how to read, what to read, what value to place upon what we read, is to destroy the spirit of freedom which is the breath of those sanctuaries. -Virginia Woolf