[Sca-cooks] *Sigh* That tomato thing - again

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 2 09:24:17 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
> SNIP < Ya know 1550 is inside our time frame
> there..... So loosen up it is Just a Game. The more you denigrate
> someone the less likely they are to try next time.

Except I didn't do that, nor did, I think, anybody else, and I don't
think it's the easily discouraged new folk who are getting involved
in a discussion that begins, "Tomatoes _are_ period, you know..." SNIP < < <
< < <

This may be one of the more germain elements of this argument.  Brand
spanking new folks looking to take the tomato to the King of Celts are
pretty easy to dissuade and redirect to some basic resources.  It is my
personal experience that the people who are running the tomato or even
potaot gammut are people looking to prove something other than new
information for our collective knowledge.  They are often looking for some
recognition of being "the one" who found "it".

I've gleaned new information and understanding from most who have approached
me all enthusiastic and proud with their stuff.  Their enthusiasm and pride
are well-warranted every time as they have learned about something.  I've
grown a good bit in my understanding of the importance of PLACE along with
time.  I've been taught tolerance and humility in what I "know" to be
"fact".  All that said, I still have the same beliefs of limited useage by
small groups in specific times and places.  Still fun to see more
information so I can keep building and changing my understanding of these
little New World argument grenades.

niccolo