[Sca-cooks] Age of Chivalry was *Sigh* That tomato thing - again

Pat Griffin ldyannedubosc at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 2 18:27:49 PDT 2006

Unfortunately, I was exposed very early in my SCA cooking experience to the
influence of Lord Ras, who convinced me that anything after the introduction
of New World foods into the food ways was Nouveau Cuisine.  When we are
speaking "period" we DO need to define exactly what we are talking about.
"From the Fall of Rome to the Renaissance" covers a lot of territory,

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
mka Pat Griffin

I tend to think of the end of the Age of Chivalry as being 1513, when
Niccolo Machiavelli's The Prince and Other Discourses, the antithesis of the

chivalric ideal, was published.

Bear