[Sca-cooks] Cookbook Quiz

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 2 19:09:24 PDT 2006

Alys Katharine wrote:
>Greetings!  Has this quiz been around?  You will need to cut and paste the
>address to find the site if the post chops it into two lines.  Turns out
>I'm the 1615 edition of Gervase Markham's "The English Huswife" which makes
>sense after taking Ivan Day's class last year!  Enjoy!
>
>http://quizilla.com/users/cookbook/quizzes/Which%20Medieval%20or%20Renaissance%20cookbook%20are%20you%3F/

Darn...

1. What sort of spices do you typically use?
Coriander seeds, cinnamon, cumin, gum mastic, peppercorns, rosewater,
saffron, mint, garlic, fresh cilantro - but coriander seeds, and
cumin are not listed.

3. What ingredients do you usually put into a sausage?
No choice of lamb, and all that haram pork! I've made sausage several
times, and always of lamb, which is not an option.

4. How do you serve a meat dish?
I cook meat cut in chunks with many herbs and spices, fruits and/or
vegetables, and no wine!

8. Who do you cook for?
A groups of gourmets, poets, and sons of caliphs.

Sigh, clearly al-Baghdadi's Kitab al-Tabikh is not included :-(

--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita