[Sca-cooks] Favorite spice containers

Cat Dancer pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Oct 5 12:51:57 PDT 2006

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Sharon Gordon wrote:

> What are your favorite period and OOP spice containers?  I am trying to avoid plastic ones in either case.
>
> Sharon

I am very bad about my spices when they're in the cabinet. Many of them
are still in the plastic bags (Penzey's or the Indian grocery), some are
in the little plastic jars, and the rest are in those 3" square glass
jars with the plastic on the stoppers. For events I have teeny square
glass jars with corks that I scored for a pittance when the local
organizer store got bought out. The saffron is all in the plastic boxes it
came in, though.

I used to keep all my spices in empty 8oz yogurt containers with masking
tape on the lids, once upon a time. When I didn't have so much in the
cabinet that things fall out when I open the door, that is. Like myrrh.
*grins*

Margaret FitzWilliam