[Sca-cooks] Smoked Meats in Northern Europe

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Mon Oct 9 11:08:19 PDT 2006

>Or, to put it another way, how comfortable would you be having the
>hero of the medieval historical novel you're writing pack smoked meat
>into his saddle bags for a journey, all other things being equal?

Since you asked:
--
"Back home, they smoke meat for days, weeks sometime."
"Keep it for months, too. This'll be gone in a few days. Then beans

Not quite a historical novel, but close.

Was I wrong? Le Menagier has that line about smoking sausage in a
chimney where a fire is kept all of the year.
--
David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com