[Sca-cooks] Alexander Neckham

Sydney Walker Freedman freedmas at stolaf.edu
Mon Oct 9 17:43:28 PDT 2006

Greetings!

     Does anyone know if there are any translations and/or editions of the
works of Alexander Neckham, e.g. De Naturis Rerum and De Nominibus
Utenslium?  The only book that I have come across is Daily Living in
the Twelfth Century, which has exerpts from such works, but that's
all.  There's lots of interesting information in these writings, from
advice on gardening to kitchen construction, and I would appreciate
any information that I can find.  Thanks in advance

Pax Christi,
Lady Cecilia de Cambrige