[Sca-cooks] Late SCA-Period Sweets?

Cat Dancer pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Oct 11 10:31:48 PDT 2006

> So, again... not necessarily "period"... but are these ideas too cheesy?
>
> Any other ideas how things might have been made to look "rosey" in
> the "period" - yes, open-ended, since i'm not focusing on one time
> period or culture.
>
> --
> Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)

We're going to be using the snowflake cake pans from Wilton to do cakes
for our baronial 12th Night. Barony arms are: azure, a semy of snowflakes
argent. So no, making cakes in rose-shaped pans is not too cheesy. ;-)

Of course, now I find myself wondering if one could take the filling for,
say, darioles, and bake that in the rose pans. I would think so, if you
made it thick enough...

Margaret FitzWilliam