[Sca-cooks] *Sigh* That tomato thing - again

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Sun Oct 1 23:08:47 PDT 2006

Okay, so... someone on our local list made the famous "tomatoes are TOO
period because they were eaten in Italy and Spain in the 16th century" and
(of course) didn't back it up with cites. But because they are a respected
source of clothing information, it is swinging the whole group over to think
the durned things are 'just fine' for SCA *demos*!

So since I don't pay any attention to tomatoes, I didn't save any
information about them and their introduction to Europe. Does anyone have
any quick & easy cites they'd be willing to share? I don't want to put
anyone to any trouble but if you happen to have info easily to hand, I'd
love to pass it on before we end up eating corn-on-the-cob at an educational
demo...

Hrothny