[Sca-cooks] *Sigh* That tomato thing - again

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 2 10:23:33 PDT 2006

> There are some 16th century references on the Floriligium which I found very
> helpful for the Tomato article I wrote last year for Caid's A&S publication.
> Also Andrew Smith (NOT Duke Andrew of Riga) has a great book that, altho it
> deals mostly with America, has some European info as well. Can't remeber the name
> right off hand but it had the word "tomato" in it.
>
> Renata
If the book had been written by "Our" Andrew Smith, you may be assured
that Tommy's Chili Burgers would have played a part somewhere.  <grin,
duck, run!>

I bet it is this one: The Tomato in America: Early History, Culture, and
Cookery
http://www.alibris.com/search/search.cfm?chunk=25&mtype=&wauth=Smith%2C%20Andrew%20F&qwork=6731411&page=1&matches=28&qsort=r&browse=1&full=1

Selene