[Sca-cooks] *Sigh* That tomato thing - again

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 2 12:25:40 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
> > > Here here thank you. I have actually had "Mavens" come up to me and
say
Prove it. The areas I do I Document, brewing, chain mail, armor, weapons
etc. If someone is interested I talk to them. I saw a gentleman at an
event who was in a A&S competition, using chain mail. I walked up to him
and had a discussion and said "want some information on how to flesh out
your documentation"? He jumped at the offer. My point is there is always
a good way to handle talking to someone about their items/ideals and
show them alternatives and or where they are in error. If you had
already done the research why not share instead of take the "Prove it"
attitude that does more harm than good.  < < < <

I lost track of just what is being contended.  On my side of the discussion,
I thought I was asserting that valid informationj and interpretations
supported be real documentation was more desireable than someone seeing one
reference and over-generalizing.  I thought the viewpoint I was different
from was that people should not be challenged if they are actually even dead
wrong; that because some inconsiderate @sses somewhere had been rude and
discouraged someone, that the SCa has become oppresive in demand exhorbitant
research on any and all topics.

I missed the conversational turn signal . . . and you are back to where I
started with making sure that propogated information is correct.  You do
seem to be saying that your way of interacting with someone less informed
was successful.  So we do have hope that newer members of our worldwide
group are capable and willing to laern how to gather actual information, and
are not doomed to either swill beer or walk around assuming everyone ate
tomatoes from Julius Ceasar to Napolean Bonaparte.

Good news to my ears.  I thought all I had done to entice people to learn
was going to heck in a ketchup bottle. (sarcasm intended to lighten the
conversation).

niccolo