[Sca-cooks] Oranges was *Sigh* That tomato thing - again

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Oct 2 14:30:45 PDT 2006

So would you want a food basket at the demo that reflects what was
available to a 10th
century Dane?
I think we could come up with a list for that. The hard part of that one
would be the
proper fish prepared in the right fashion and some of the wild plants
that we don't see.
Also some of the grains might be hard to get hold of.
Could be done though.

I keep adding material to the oranges stuff. Right now I am also waiting
until
I move and unbox the collection. Then I can do a final version. There's
something like 10,000 cookbooks in the boxes that I want to look in before
I surrender the project. Maybe I will release it on a .pdf eventually.
Having the Concordance out in a commercial edition has made me very aware
of what goes into a published book. That isn't what the oranges book was
ever
intended to be. It started as a recipe and research on candied oranges.
It grew from that.
I am returning to Elizabethan material for the next book, hopefully
commercial.
Then I am committed, I think, to another medieval project.

Johnnae