[Sca-cooks] Interpretation question was: Period? was Tomatoes

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Oct 6 10:45:52 PDT 2006

There are sources besides Gerald and  we do in fact have this quotation
that indicates that
they were cooked--
"also fried in the pan like the others, accompanied with vejuice, but to
my taste it is more beautiful than good (tasty)."

It's from
"De l'insalata e piante che in qualunque modo vengono per cibo de
l'homo" Manoscritti del 1569-1572 raccolti a cura di Guido Arbizzoni

See our article available in the florilegium:
www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-VEGETABLES/16C-Tomato-art.html or

http://home.comcast.net/~iasmin/mkcc/MKCCfiles/16thCITomatoReferences.html

and see Mistress Helewyse's post from 10/2/2006 10:20 AM

Johnnae