[Sca-cooks] Chicken feet...

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 7 11:47:16 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
all
classical, yes, all the meats and bones sometimes get a blanching,
and it wouldn't hurt here, either, but it's brought to a boil and
simmered for hours anyway, so for most purposes it's probably not
really necessary. No chicken-toe cooties are going to survive.  < < < < <

Should I want to use the feet of chicken, I'd think that a quick cleanse to
remove any stray intoxication lingering about (toxins aren't killed by the
heat) and into the pot.  The bugs are wiped out inside of a couple of
minutes at boil, and anything else is in the realm of food discrimination
ideology.

Just like eating a 3" African Hissing Cockroach for a discount into Six
Flags on Halloween Fright Night . . . . it's all up to your personal
sensibilities.

niccolo difrancesco
(won't likely eat the feet, but would used them for stock)