[Sca-cooks] Sugarpaste

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Oct 7 22:56:30 PDT 2006

Ranvaig mentioned:
  <<< I made sugarpaste subtleties for Red Dragon, in Columbus Ohio last
Saturday Sept 30.  They were not perfect, but I was very pleased with
how they turned out, considering it was my first time working with
sugarpaste.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62945093@N00/ >>>

Nice. I particularly like your shading on the flowers. I didn't
realize that the bowl in the fourth photograph was out of sugarpaste
until I saw your later photos and comments.

You mentioned that the large bowl broke when you removed it from the
mold, yet another picture shows the large bowl with flowers for the
head table. Is that the same bowl? If so, how did you fix it?

Did your flowers slump? Or were they flattened? The flowers look
somewhat flattened or squashed in the first three pictures, but they
may simply be the camera angle.

Did you do something to keep the sugarpaste from sticking to the molds?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com