[Sca-cooks] only one cookbook

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 11 14:29:29 PDT 2006

Cailte wants to know, if there can be only one, let it be...

I'm kind of schizophrenic about cooking, i have a range of books
covering a range of cultures and time periods.

One of my most treasured books is "Medieval Arab Cookery". True,
Perry's new edition of al-Baghdadi is far superior to Arberry's
transaltion, which is in this book with abundant footnotes and
corrections by Perry, but this book has so much info in one place...

A book i enjoy cooking from is "The Medieval Kitchen: Recipes from
France and Italy" by Redon,  Saban, and Serventi (available in a
reasonably priced paperback edition).

And on my wish list is the NEW edition of the "Oxford Companion to Food"...

--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita