[Sca-cooks] period fruit pastes

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 12 14:10:58 PDT 2006

--On Thursday, October 12, 2006 2:06 PM -0700 Susan Fox
<selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I have grapes to pick this weekend.  My parents' neighbor planted grapes
> many decades ago and they went wild all over OUR northwest corner.  Not
> that this is a bad thing.  I plan to pick a buckefull of the admittedly
> small and seedy fruit and see what I can do with it.

On one of the various food network shows, I saw someone from Napa make a
cabernet grape pie. She just used the grapes whole -- seeds and all --
apparently the seeds when cooked add a nice nutty flavor and texture. I
don't know what the sugar content of your grapes might be, but it might be
worth a try.

toodles, m argaret