[Sca-cooks] Cooking venison

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 30 08:31:12 PST 2006

I have been reading with interest the posts regarding wine marinade for
venison.  In just a few short months, I will be preparing a feast for
Candlemas that is developing for it’s-self the moniker of “The MEAT Feast”
There will be the standard three, beef, pork, and chicken, but there will
also be Elk, Deer, and … courtesy of my modern-job boss, Antelope.

Now, upon receiving this gift, I had intended to slice, dredge in seasoned
flour and breadcrumbs, and then fry,

Now this gets ol’ Long John to wonderin … What sort of wine, or perhaps
other marinade would be best suited to the preparation of the Antilocapra
americana also called the Pronghorn Antelope.

How might it be if I were to marinade, garlic stud and slow-roast the haunch
whole???

Ideas?

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com

Never knock on death's door........ Ring the doorbell and run. He hates
that.